Workshop. Living Your Legacy as pdf Please see pdf, but below is from the file.
Living Your Legacy Art Workshop
Bookmark or other forms of art to create with your group or with a loved one to help individuals live a purpose filled life. This can be done at any age from 4- 110+ years of age.
Objective: Live your life based on your personal values and principles that you have decided and learned by those that follow them (good examples in your life) and those that do not. Legacy is based on all you have experienced including stories you have heard or read passed down through the generations. The objective of this workshop is to share hope and create a tangible work of art to remind/ guide you throughout your life.
Minimum: Construction or thicker paper cut into bookmark (2-3 long strips per page for bookmark. *Suggested additional fun materials: If a printer can print photos or have participants bring, can use craft stamps and punches, magazines to cut up to collage, pre-printed pages of inspirational sayings, pictures, laminator to laminate when participant is finished, emergency hotlines to be glued on and ideally laminate so in bookmark
Discussion Prior Art Project
“The most important parts of our lives go far beyond our wealth and into what kind of people we are and the kind things we have done. What happens at a funeral service? Friends try to… speak about the good things he or she did.” (Paul Buckness, May 25,2019, bffbible.org)
· Read 11 Quotes on the following link shared by Lydia Sweatt 11 Quotes About Leaving a Legacy | SUCCESS (link includes quote in artwork)
· Decide Your Personal Values- What are some adjectives, phrases & actions you value and want people to say about you? Examples: Smart, Kind, Generous, Happy, Creative, Relaxed, Mindful, a good listener, a good friend, never gives up, tries his best, etc.
· Can you think of any saying, quote, song, Scripture, prayer, life motto, poem, etc to tell yourself if you are ever in a lonely, sad, depressed, or hopeless state?
· Do you want your legacy to be giving up? Who will you talk to if having a hard time? Who can you talk to as well? [hotline numbers, school counselor, etc]
Living Your Legacy Art Worksheet
Decide Your Priorities:_________________________________________________
Personal Values: Write down at least three adjectives, values, or descriptions that you wish to be.____________________________________________________________________
Favorite Words: saying, quote, song, Scripture, prayer, life motto, poem, etc.
Support System: We want you to succeed at your goals to live a purpose filled life. We all need help along the way. What will you do in your hard times? Who would you talk to if you were having a hard day? __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What is your Plan B if those people can not help you or are unavailable?
Feel Free to Include in your Project
· Favorite place: woods, beach, sunflower field, country, etc. (Background of bookmark)____________________________________________________
· Favorite object: flowers, stars, animal, butterflies, train, birds, etc. (Fillers of bookmark to personalize)______________________________________
· Photo(s) of loved ones or Pictures cut out of magazines
Please write on back of sheet if you want more information included.
GREAT Legacy quotes:11 Quotes About Leaving a Legacy | SUCCESS
1. “All good men and women must take responsibility to create legacies that will take the next generation to a level we could only imagine.” —Jim Rohn
2. “Carve your name on hearts, not tombstones. A legacy is etched into the minds of others and the stories they share about you.” —Shannon L. Alder
3. “If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” —Benjamin Franklin
4. “No legacy is so rich as honesty.” —William Shakespeare
5. “I think the whole world is dying to hear someone say, ‘I love you.’ I think that if I can leave the legacy of love and passion in the world, then I think I’ve done my job in a world that’s getting colder and colder by the day.” —Lionel Richie
6. “That is your legacy on this Earth when you leave this Earth: how many hearts you touched.” —Patti Davis
7. “The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.” —William James
8. “Immortality is to live your life doing good things, and leaving your mark behind.” —Brandon Lee
9. “You make your mark by being true to who you are and letting that be your staple.” —Kat Graham
10. “The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.” —Benjamin Disraeli
11. “Your story is the greatest legacy that you will leave to your friends. It’s the longest-lasting legacy you will leave to your heirs.” —Steve Saint