We are looking into creating monthly events and a How-to-Guide so anyone can implement them.
At this time, we are doing Facebook Live as our only event other than participating in other people's events with a table and creating workshops that an individual or group leader can lead. Share HOPE through ART | Facebook
I believe the Art of Planning is real. The idea of researching, coming up with ideas, what matters, in and of itself can bring about insight and change. I hope that our work inspires others to learn more, grow, maybe even we'll do an event or someone else will. Sometimes planning is all you can do with COVID, but viewing resources is HUGE. So many people want an answer, an opinion right now that the time to learn is forgotten. Let's learn together, brainstorm together, share our thoughts, resources, etc.
* Hope and Healing Fair (participating in this month locally and will have more info after the event on how to do).
* Art- Hope Rocks (suicide hotline on the back); flyers, bookmarks, cards, etc. Each event can include resources on hope, healing, and an art project to make and/ or take to share.
Guiding Principles for Events: By Hannah Freedman, 15 on 3/4/2010 at Ignite Baltimore "....becoming an activist is not that hard. And I know you guys are already adults, but I won’t hold it against you if you want to help. So here are 5 easy steps:
1. Find it. Find your passion. Everyone has one. What are you mad about that is happening right now?
2. Learn it. What is actually going on? Read books, rent documentaries, talk to people.
3. Solve it. Find a solution to the problem, it doesn’t matter how crazy your solution is. Really, the crazier the better! Don’t hold back, forget failure.
4. Speak it. Get everyone involved, family, friends, and any other passionate people you know. Family and friends might not identify with your cause as much, but they will help you anyway. Other passionate people understand what you are trying to do, and support it, but may have other ideas, and, as the leader of a revolution, you should be supportive of other ideas. Perhaps none of them are awesome ideas, but together, they make a great campaign.
5. Live it. Hold an event: go march or vigil or lobby your politicians. You are not alone anymore. You have your purpose, your passion, and your people with you. Of course, you can always use more of any of the above, and an event brings awareness and other people and their passions to your cause. Don’t give up. If your first idea didn’t work, find another. But this is your passion, be it." Hannah Freedman "Teen Activism: Passionate About Things That Matter" - Ignite Baltimore 5 - YouTube 5 minutes (environmental activist and importance of getting youth involved)
The events will take place when others passionate about their needs rise up to help put on an event. If it promotes hope and healing, please contact me at email@example.com to see if we can help you somehow. Some ideas I care about and thoughts on info are:
1. Prayer for Hope and Healing Gathering- a time of prayer, time where people can share their personal stories, prayers, hopes, songs. This can be led by multiple individuals who have it on their heart to lead from any religious background. I would love for a monthly gathering at different locations or even online every month to promote unity, collaborations, maximum involvement by being online as well. I want a miracle and believe praying together is a great first step.
*Please let Judy know if you can host in Carroll County, Maryland, have a prayer, vision, song, hope, outreach you want to share publicly that is aligned with our prayers/ hopes. firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook Messenger.
A Prayer Partner agrees to pray to end suicides and overdoses, for those in need to get help, and for healing of those grieving the devastating loss of a loved one. Please also pray for the stop of other unnecessary deaths caused by drunk driving, domestic violence, gun violence/ mass shooting. Pray for world peace.
You can pray however you want for whichever request you want. Once or more is fine. Seeking prayers because asking for a miracle. Share Hope through Art: Prayer Partner (sharehopeart.blogspot.com)
My personal prayer: I pray my kids' generation does not have their peers die by suicide, overdose, drunk drivers, domestic violence, shootings, or any other devastating loss that is man-made. I want each of us to see all people as beautiful, as part of God's magnificent creation, and that we are responsible to take care of all of the people across the world and the environment. I want us to work together to change the world and in doing so hope we each change to love oneself and be proud of the individual God made.
2. Suicide Prevention, focus on Veterans
*- Art- Memorial Plaques www.facebook.com/TilValhallaProject 7 minute video insight into suicide from a veteran, message "you have value": https://fb.watch/76kyStOjnP/
-Blue Star Mothers Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc